Photographs of the day
NHS Day 2018
To celebrate 70 years of the NHS, we held our very own celebrations at Merdon.
During the day, the children learnt about;
- The history of the NHS
- How we can live healthier lifestyles
- What is good hygiene? E.g hand washing
- The different job roles within the NHS led by actual staff sharing their experiences
- Why we should use the NHS responsibly
We put on some extra special activities throughout the day including;
- Heartbeatz CPR workshops
- Race for Life event on the school field
- Meeting some of the NHS team and learn about their job roles
- Change4Life fitness activities - Train like a Jedi!
We also raised money for Southampton General Hospital Charity and Cancer Research.
You can find lots of information and activities on the Change4Life website;